Wednesday, June 3, 2015

To the last (wo)man

I was feeling a little bit under the weather this last weekend, so I only really pushed for one game. I could have likely gotten more, but I think I am glad I didn't. Put that in your diaries. I doubt I will ever say I am glad I didn't get more games again.


I played Codi's Noh. I had asked for Relic or Questing Knight, and he chose Questing, so out came Marie-Claude. I ran my fairly standard list. It is basically all I currently own, so it's about as standard as you can get. I threw in a Darkfield, two Condensors, and a Mine. I was leaning towards dual mines, but I asked for a voate, and it went the other way. I pulled Tear It Down and Assassinate(on his Rin Farrah, that dirty Darkspace traitor). He pulled Conservation and Siege. It was kind of a bad mission set up for him. My goal was to kill his Primary and his was to bring things to his Primary. Even his faction mission.
He countered by deploying Rin Farrah in an "unreachable" position. We went back and forth on it, but I finally conceded that I couldn't get up there. He also didn't activate her, so and AOEs I dropped nearby did really nothing. I tried to use my Wrecker's medic ability, but couldn't flip anything except Creation, sometimes quite literally. I also failed to get Lap Time before I finished Tear It Down on his Primary. However, through some use of Oil Slick and Tow, I was able to keep him from getting any points from any objectives.
With Rin Farrah all but untouchable and Codi looking to obliterate me, I turned to bash his crew as well. I had taken the Hounds to a wound but was closer to the Beastmaster, so I finished him first, then the hounds. My activations became lightning fast, as first the Belles, then Marie went down, followed bu the Pit Crew. Eventually he took out the Pacer, which meant the Wrecker was every activation. I would hit the Render or his Zineda, which he would redirect onto the Render. I thought, at first, he was hitting the Render to protect his objectives from my Tear It Down, but after I finished his Primary, he kept doing it.

In the end, it finished off the Render and gave me that point, winning me the game. Turns out, he didn't know he could, and I had to show him the rule. So, not master strategy I couldn't fathom, he just didn't know, So, I won with a solitary Wrecker. Had he realized point or the Render's health, I don't think he would have put the wounds there. But he was looking to get out of Dodge, so perhaps he played it off as mistakes to just close the game. Either way, it was a long grueling trek for a lonely Wrecker. A lonely Wrecker with plenty of prime Cerci speed tech to salvage.

Lonely can be good, too............ When it's profitable,

Sorry for the return to the dry bat rep, but I am still under the weather and my creative juices were a little sluggish tonight. Next week.... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment